Dekalb Park District

303 S 9th St DeKalb, IL 60115 US
+1 815-756-8560

http://dekalbparkdistrict.com/     

Send a message

Before there was a DeKalb Park District, the park system in DeKalb was owned and operated by the City of DeKalb. In 1935 the city owned four parks: Annie's Woods, named after Annie Glidden, the niece of barb wire inventor Joseph Glidden; Huntley Park, named after the first settlers of DeKalb, and designed to be the town square, housing the bandstand pictured above; Liberty Park, the site of the second bandstand and located on the near north side of DeKalb; and Hopkins Park, named in honor of Judge Hopkins, who donated this 32 acre tract of land which became the crown jewel of the system. DeKalb Park District Mission To provide diverse, high quality, active and passive recreational facilities and services to all residents of DeKalb. Our Goals To offer quality recreation programs and facilities Provide a comprehensive park system To care for the facilities, parks and trails To strengthen our operations and increase visibility in the community

Locations

blog comments powered by Disqus

Reviews (0)

Overall Rating

Customer Rating

Excellent
Very Good
Average
Poor
Terrible

Details

Instructor
Facilities
Services
Fun
Location
Value

Filters

Date
Times

12:00 AM - 11:59 PM

Days

  • Su

  • M

  • Tu

  • W

  • Th

  • F

  • Sa
Price Range
Gender
All ages
Levels
Class Types
Class
Rating
Types
Sort by
Sort by