The Deerfield Park District was established in 1951 to provide recreation programs and facilities for residents of all ages. The park system operates on revenue received from the district's share of real estate property taxes and user fees. District taxpayers have priority in all of our classes. In 1947, some residents of Deerfield formed the Jewett Park Association and purchased from the Jewett family an 11.48 acre parcel of property, which became known as Jewett Park. In 1951, the park district was officially formed and became a member of the Illinois Association of Park Districts. The new district purchased Jewett Park from the association, entered into a cooperative agreement with the local school districts, and hired its first employee. In 1955, the district built its first facility, the fieldhouse in Jewett Park. In, 1973, the Jewett Park Community Center was opened, and in 2003, the Patty Turner Center (a joint program of the Deerfield Park District and the Village of Deerfield offering programs and services for adults 50 and above) was also opened to the public. With the construction of these two new facilities, the fieldhouse was torn down and replaced by a park pavillion with a warming house, restrooms, outdoor fireplace, a path system, new playground and more.
12:00 AM - 11:59 PM